Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Everyone's Doing It...

And by "it," I mean something boring like introspection.

2009: The year in which I learned exactly what I'm capable of and precisely how I'm not measuring up to my potential.

Thank you, 2009, for that shot to my ego.

Hiking in Acadia


Okay, fine. If I were going to jump off the bridge that everyone else is, I would actually be recapping just how much my year sucked, but let's be honest: my year did not suck. So, broken down into the same number as there are months of the year but having nothing to do with actual months (as well as being in no particular order), here are the highlights of 2009:

1. Writing 2000 pages between March 3rd and November 25th.
2. Burn Burn and "Monkey Brains"
3. Seeing Our Lady Peace live in Boston
4. Marking our 10th wedding anniversary.
5. Becoming privy to Bethany's secret blog, then watching her make it very un-secret.
6. Writing 30 pages in one day. That was awesome. I am awesome.
7. Discoveringa world - of hilarious - blogs - in the - world.
8. Twitter. Yes, I am considering Twitter one of the highlights of my year.
9. Discovering Neverending Whitelights, Silversun Pickups, The Black Keys and City and Colour. I don't know how I've been living my life up until now without City and Colour.
10. Having Daniel Victor of Neverending White Lights respond to a tweet of mine. This world is very small.
11. Donating to various charities as part of our Christmas preparations/ celebrations. This made me very, very happy.
12. I'm having trouble coming up with a twelfth, but I suspect that has to do with the fact that there are certain things even I keep private. However, in private, I use words like "epic" to refer to said highlights.

p.s. Dear Boob Nazi, I would have linked to your blog, which I follow loyally, but as you're private once more, I couldn't very well link to you. Sincerely, Punk

2 comments:

  1. I spent all summer indoors with pills and lots of blood. I was woozy a lot. Does this top your sucky 2009? You know I'm all about one-upping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, your 2009 sucked way more than mine. For me, this was simply the year I learned to despise myself. Otherwise, it was great.

    ReplyDelete