Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner


Done.

Amazon

Granted, it's only 178 pages long, and it's basically a rehashing of Eclipse from the perspective of a minor character, so it's not exactly a taxing read, but, hey, it's the first down, and I read it during a couple quiet hours this afternoon. That means I can move on to another this evening. I just have to decide which one...

As for the book itself, I did enjoy it. It's a quick, easy read without too many of the writing glitches of Twilight -- you have to appreciate growth in a writer -- that might distract a reader (me). I found Bree's recounting of the days leading up to the Eclipse battle... interesting... I guess, but the characters weren't handled with enough depth to truly satisfy me. I hardly had a chance to get to know them before they're gone. What was interesting, however, was her perspective of the altercation between the Volturi and the Cullens, details that Bella was oblivious of, including a little insight into information Edward was catching -- that we simply didn't know about in the primary books.

All in all, it was a satisfying read. I don't regret the time spent, though, regardless of Mrs. Meyer's improvement as a writer, it's not exactly fine literature. If I were rating this on a Netflix scale of 1 to 5, Bree Tanner is an easy 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment