Monday, May 24, 2010

T Minus Five Days and Counting

I've been counting down the weeks/ days to our move, and, to any who might be interested, today -- Monday, May 24th -- is five days to U-haul. Oh, and my birthday.

Yeah, we're moving on my birthday. I don't want to talk about it.

I have honestly considered, again and again, taking pictures of the piles of boxes/ empty bookshelves, but I've yet to actually seek out the camera. Plus now I'm lacking the perspective of last week's pile of boxes to show exactly how much we accomplished over the weekend. Take my word for it: it was LOTS.

In the same way that no woman actually looks forward to labor & delivery, but instead looks ahead to the baby that'll result, Bryan and I are trying to avoid thinking about the actual moving pains, but we're freaking out-excited about living in a new house. With a yard.

We've discussed where we'll be putting our future grill and future hammock, talked about monitor systems so we can hear the boys downstairs while we're upstairs, and broached the idea of painting at some point, as the dining room and kitchen are kind of laughable. Not gross, not even old and peely, just ever so slightly humorous.

In my own mind, I've begun arranging and rearranging furniture, debated the direction that the boys could throw a ball in the yard so to best avoid hitting the house/ windows, considered how/ where Asher will play while Elijah work on schooling, and yesterday I found myself ridiculously giddy to arrange my etsy prints on the exposed-brick wall that separates the kitchen from the living room.

It's all very exciting. Daunting and exhausting, but very, very exciting.


Oh, you know what? I have a cell phone right here... that takes pictures...


Yep. Most of those boxes are books. It's ridiculous.



More books. (Among other things.)



But having the books in boxes will make moving these easier at least.

... I hope.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!! Wahoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few tips from someone who has recently gone through this.

    1) Do you really need that stroller? Donate it.

    2) No one reads anymore. You can donate those books to old people.

    3) Eat lots of cake. Ice cream. Mocha Lattes, etc. It doesn't matter how many calories you take in while you move because if you don't pack them those extra calories stay with the old house.

    Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete